Notice of BBA AGM
TO ALL MEMBERS AS ADDRESSED
NOTICE OF 2021 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
In accordance with Rule 33 of the Rules of the Broadmeadows Basketball Association Inc. (hereafter called the Rules) notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association will take place as follows:
DATE: Sunday 30 May 2021
TIME: 10.00 am
VENUE: Function Room, Broadmeadows Basketball Stadium, 1 Tanderrum
Pursuant to Rule 30 only the items of business listed in the Agenda listed at the end of this notification shall be transacted at the Meeting.
Please note the following timeline for submission of materials to me at email@example.com in connection with the AGM:
1. In accordance with Rule 51, written nominations of candidates for election as Officers or Ordinary Members of the Association must be lodged with the Secretary no later than seven (7) days prior to the Meeting, i.e. no later than 5 pm on 22 May 2021. In accordance with Rule 55, those positions available at this AGM for nomination of candidates are: Vice President, Secretary and two ordinary Committee Members. Persons nominating may wish to provide a statement of biographical information they may wish to circulate in support of their nomination. Please note that, in accordance with Rule 49 of the Association’s Rules, only Category A (natural members) and Category D (Life members) can nominate for Board positions.
2. In accordance with Rule 34, proxy votes on the prescribed form must be lodged with the Secretary no later than 24 hours prior to the Meeting.
3. Category B members (one nominee per Domestic Club) and Category C members (one parent/guardian of financial registered Bronco players in the Under 12 to Under 18 age groups) are entitled to attend the AGM and vote on all matters requiring decision provided they have completed the registration formalities outlined in Clause 14A of the Rules.
BROADMEADOWS BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION Inc. (A462)
1 Tanderrum Way Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Broadmeadows Web: www.broncosbasketball.com.au
Ph. 9309 5655
4. In the event that the meeting may need to be held via a Zoom link (because of the implementation of lock down arrangements) please email email@example.com to register your attendance for the meeting, preferably no later than 5 pm on Sunday 23 May. Those who register will receive the Zoom link (if this becomes a requirement due to health directions).
5. I look forward to your attendance at the AGM, which is a key event in the annual life of the Association. Please direct any questions you may have to via email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your telephone contact details and I will call you about the questions you have, if an email response will not suffice.
Glen Milner Acting Secretary
11 May 2021