BBA Covid Update - 23.6.21
To all our valued Broadmeadows Basketball Association (BBA) partners and supporters, including our Junior Domestic Clubs, Senior Domestic teams, Junior Representative teams, Senior Representative teams, Program participants, Referees and Staff:
With restrictions due to be further eased from 11:59pm tonight, please note that we will return to the Basketball Victoria ‘Orange-50’ status in Metropolitan Melbourne as of Friday 25 June.
There will now be a venue capacity of 300 people allowing for domestic, VJBL and BigV competitions to resume, although under some restrictions.
Junior and Senior domestic competitions will resume from Saturday 26 June and Sunday 27 June, respectively. Please note the below.
- Patron Limits will be strictly enforced.
- For Junior Competition: Players, coaches and one parent/guardian per player only will be permitted to venue. Siblings, extended family and friends are not permitted to enter venues.
- For Senior Competition: Each team will be permitted a maximum of 12 people including players, scorers and spectators.
- Masks must be worn by all persons over the age of 12. Player and coaches may remove masks during games.
- All visitors to the venue must check-in.
- Social distancing of 1.5m to be maintained by spectators at all times.
- You should enter the venue no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled game time and leave immediately after your game is completed.
- Some venues or competitions may have sperate entry points for different courts. This information will be communicated to team contacts.
Holiday programs will commence next week. Information for these are available on our website.
All other programs including Aussie Hoops, Toddler Hoops, Sporting Schools and Inclusion programs are planned to resume in Week 1 of Term 3, commencing Monday 12 July. More information will be emailed to participants shortly.
All VJBL and BigV training will continue, with relaxed restrictions. Coaches will be emailed with schedules and other information shortly.
Games for Friday 25 June will go ahead as scheduled. Venues will have a limit of one spectator per players and be subject to mask, check-in, social distancing and entry/exit timing as above with domestic competition.
Games for 26 & 27 June will go ahead as scheduled. There will be limited spectators permitted and information on this will be communicated soon. Live streams of Championship games on Saturday will also be available.
Broadmeadows Basketball Stadium & Office
The Broadmeadows Stadium and Office are now open under regular hours. There will be no casual shooting or walk-ins until after school holidays. Thank you all once again for your patience and cooperation. We are excited to be back on court!