Hume City Broncos - YM Head Coach
BIG V Youth League Division One Mens Coach
Expressions of interest are invited for this position:
Effective teaching, organizational and relationship skills are at the top of the list of our requirements in this role, as is a commitment to working as part of the Championship Mens program and taking a keen interest in development of our juniors. Setting, implementing and enforcing standards consistent with our Club’s values system, and a transparent player selection process, is also a key component of the role.
The main duties are:
- To provide positive leadership, management and coaching of the Club’s Big V Youth League Mens team and playing group, in terms of appropriate pre-season and in-season preparations and a competitive game style that could lead to promotion to VYCM
- Effective player liaison and communications, including player recruitment
- Assist with the identification, development and promotion of Club juniors consistent with their potential to play at the highest available level, providing input to the Club’s Championship Division Mens Coach and liaising as necessary with the Club’s Junior Director of Coaching
- Aim for at least 60 per cent content of Broadmeadows juniors or former juniors in the YLM team, subject to talent considerations and the overall objective of aspiring to play at the VYCM level
- Closely liaise with the Director of Mens Coaching and the Championship Division Mens Coach relating to the scope of the above responsibilities
As this is a role to suit a coach who views this opportunity as a stepping stone to a senior coaching role as part of their elite development pathway, a remuneration package will not be available; however, a modest honorarium will be paid.
Please submit your basketball related CV or resume by email to the Operations Manager, Broadmeadows Basketball Association Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm Friday 27 September 2019. Inquiries in confidence can be directed to Brett Atley, Director of Mens Coaching on 0413 220 074 or Glen Milner, Vice President on 0419 511 574.